Whether it involves Twitter polling or leaderboards, a social media wall is an innovative way to reach your audience and improve event engagement. But in order to really assess the usefulness of social media walls, first we must understand social media’s role in digital and inbound marketing.
Here are 10 facts on social media’s relevance today:
- The average social media user spends 2 hours and 25 minutes per day using social networks and microblogs.
- 84% of inbound marketers believe social media is becoming more and more important as a lead source.
- 80% of marketers identify engagement as one of their top three metrics for social media evaluation.
- 64% of sales professionals have closed a deal as a direct result of social media.
- 3 in 5 organisations say they’ve gained new customers using social media.
- 71% of social media users agree they are more likely to purchase from a brand they follow.
- 85% of Twitter users feel more connected to a brand after following them.
- 53% of users following brands on social media are more loyal.
- Organisations see a 30% increase in a user’s recommendations after interacting with them on Twitter and 86% of users are more likely to visit a business after it’s been recommended by a friend.
- Social networks can have a huge influence on purchasing behaviour, for instance, Facebook has been found by 47% of users to have the biggest impact.
This demonstrates clear value in social media as a digital marketing tool. If you’re looking to increase brand loyalty, gain new customers or make an impact on your audience, social could be the way forward. So how do you appeal to your audience?
Top 5 reasons people follow a brand on social media:
- Promotions and discounts
- For latest product information
- Customer service
- Entertaining content
- Ability to offer feedback
Social media walls can be used in different situations, from experiential marketing and brand activations to engaging technology at your upcoming event. They’re a key way to gain your social following and interact with your audience.
Different ways to use social media walls include:
- Feature #hashtag content
- Real-time updates, extra content and sponsorship
- Discussions and conversations
These methods, and many more, can be used to build your brand presence and engage your audience with social media walls. For more information, see how you can improve event engagement with technology or discover our social media walls.